Sunday, February 7, 2010

Controlling Illusion - First Book by the Character Design Master: Charles Zembillas

Controlling Illusion is the debut release of master creator, Charles Zembillas, the founder and leader of both Animation Nation and The Academy. Charles Zembillas is my teacher, mentor, and friend. He has taught me more than any teacher I have ever known, and the majority of that knowledge is presented in this book! Controlling Illusion is, indeed, a fantastic collection of LIVE class demonstrations. Every image was completed in one sitting before an audience. What makes the book truly unique, however, is its explanation of the material. The process behind every drawing, painting, and sketch is described in great detail. Further more, a broad range of tools are represented, including pencil, inkpen, marker, guash, watercolor, acrylic, and digital medium. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to bare witness to many of these brainchildren, and having seen them created in person, I HIGHLY recommend this book to any level of artist! The work will inspire, the text will enlighten, and the unquestionable result will be improvement in your art!! Thank you so very much for sharing your wisdom, talent, and secrets with us, Charles!!! I'm sure I speak for the masses when I say I'll never forget it... Your students are all over the industry, they would not be where they are today if it wasn't for you Charles! Thank you for everything!



Keep Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment